Planning and Zoning Commission
The concept of planned growth and development is not new to Wethersfield. Zoning regulations were adopted on May 24, 1926 and subdivision regulations were in effect on March 16, 1955.
The Planning and Zoning Commission (PZC) has been designated with all of the powers and duties prescribed by the Connecticut General Statutes to regulate land use in Wethersfield. More specifically, the commission has the following authority:
- To adopt and amend the subdivision regulations;
- To regulate the subdivision and re-subdivision of land;
- To adopt and amend the zoning regulations;
- To adopt and amend the zoning map;
- To review applications for site plans and special permits;
- To review and approve the town's Plan of Conservation and Development;
- To review and advise on all municipal improvement projects.
The commission works closely with the Design Review Advisory Committee and has created a pre-application review process to assist applicants with the development review process. The commission's fee schedule, applications and other forms are available online.
The commission consists of nine regular members and three alternates appointed by the Town Council.
- Thomas A. Harley - Chairman
- Antonio Margiotta - Vice Chair
- Richard Roberts - Secretary
- James Hughes
- Anthony Homicki
- Joseph L. Hammer
- George B. Oickle
- Thomas R. Dean
- Ryan Allard
- Dan Silver
- Dave Edwards
- Yolanda Antoniak
- The commission has three ex officio non voting members:
- Jeff Bridges - Town Manager
- Derrick Gregor - Town Engineer
- Peter Gillespie - Director of Planning and Economic Development
Meetings are typically held on the first and third Tuesdays of the month at 7 p.m. in Town Council Chambers, 505 Silas Deane Highway, and are noted, along with with the agenda, on the Calendar of Events. The commission's meeting minutes are available online.
- For further information contact:
- Peter D. Gillespie, Director of Planning and Economic Development at (860) 721-2838; or
- Denise Bradley, Assistant Planner at (860) 721-2837.