Information You Need
The Finance Department can be classified into six general functions or programs:
- Accounting and Analysis, the largest function, is responsible for preparation of monthly financial statements, forecasting general fund revenues and expenditures, as well as fixed asset oversight and reporting. This function is also responsible for debt issuance and management including bond rating presentations and preparing official statements for note and bond sales.
- Budget and Audit responsibilities include assisting with the preparation of the annual budget, overseeing the audit and preparing the comprehensive annual financial report (CAFR).
- The Payroll, Benefits and Risk Management program is responsible for processing payroll and employee benefits, and employee worker’s compensation.
- The Pension Administration and Retiree Benefits program oversees the administration of the town, police, Board of Education and volunteer fire pension programs and retiree benefits.
- The Purchasing Department processes bids and collects quotes in accordance with town policies and processes payments for goods and services.
- The Cash Management department staff prepares the cash flow analysis and cash investment plan to meet the payment requirements while maximizing the investment earnings of idle funds.
Address: 505 Silas Deane Highway
Phone: See Staff Directory above
Office Hours: Mon.–Wed. 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Thurs. 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Fri. 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.